"We are all owners. As owners, our feedback matters."
DCS provides acquisition and program management support to DoD and other Federal Government organizations. This support is often provided on-site within Government facilities to augment existing DoD program, project, and product management offices in program development, test, acquisition, and distribution. DCS personnel work side-by-side with their Government counterparts in integrated product teams (IPTs) to develop sound acquisition strategies and plans that deliver products to the Government within the established and approved cost, schedule and performance baseline.
Acquisition & Program Management Services
DCS provides systems acquisition and program management support for Army, Navy, Air Force, Marine Corps, Department of Homeland Security, Joint DoD, and international programs. Our services include development and implementation of acquisition plans and strategies, development of procurement/solicitation documentation, test and evaluation coordination, integrated logistics support assessments, and preparation of documentation for critical milestone reviews in accordance with DoD and the individual service’s policy and guidance. We understand the evolutionary process associated with the acquisition life cycle and apply our expertise to ensure that cost effective and supportable solutions are provided in a timely manner for the Warfighter.
- DCS develops and updates IPT plans/schedules and documents progress and program execution to reflect the latest DoD and DoD Acquisition Policies and support technical and programmatic meetings and reviews.
- DCS was instrumental in drafting the Capabilities Development Document and Capability Production Document for next generation GPS systems.
- DCS supported development of Aircraft Guns Systems including performing cost analysis, programmatic, engineering, and technical support.
- DCS generated and updated DIACAP documentation for multiple systems and customers, ensuring that all documents complied with IA requirements in DoD 8500 series.
- As a DoD Foreign Military Sales (FMS) partner, DCS assists coordination between NAVAIR International Program Offices (IPOs), Navy IPO, Air Force IPOs, and Army IPOs to ensure that FMS customers receive the proper technical data, software, equipment and test regimens according to unique country configurations.
Staff Educational Resources
Our analysts and integrators enhance their individual expertise by completing courses from the Defense Acquisition University (DAU) and the Project Management Professional training curricula, as well as maintaining membership in professional organizations such as the DAU Alumni Association and the Society of Logistics Engineers. Our staff is experienced and some are professionally certified, applying Defense Acquisition Workforce Improvement Act (DAWIA) and Project Management Professional certifications to complement their Government and industry skills and experience. In addition, we supplement our acquisition workforce with expertise of our engineering staff to deliver complete solutions in support of major systems acquisition programs.
OCI and Prototyping
DCS is able to support our customers’ acquisition and program management objectives without organizational conflict of interest concerns. DCS does not manufacture hardware and is able to function as an honest broker. We do, however, have the internal capability to provide rapid prototyping and other prototype support. This capability provides our Government customers the ability to acquire fast turn-around and one-of-a-kind solutions for quick assessment of technology innovations that are then handed-off to the Government customer for further development and testing.