"We are all owners. As owners, our feedback matters."
DCS has extensive experience in modeling and simulation (M&S) of aircraft, missile and combat vehicles down to the component level. Many of the models we develop are for conceptual designs to support trade-off analyses. Our models and interactive simulations benefit our customers by supporting live, virtual, and constructive environments. Our M&S engineering ingenuity is applied to requirements analysis, design, development, and verification, validation and accreditation.
- For improved warfighter situational awareness, we develop simulations of electro-optic ground, air and persistent surveillance sensors and human performance models. We use Night Vision Electronics Sensors Directorate human perception models and 3-D noise definitions, and validated atmospheric models, to analyze the performance of these sensors in specific threat scenarios.
- We integrate 6 degree of freedom models, infrared scene generators, and several sensor models for the Missile Defense Agency to predict, analyze, and improve kill vehicle weapon performance.
- At Wright Patterson AFB and Eglin AFB, we examine ways to enhance weapons system performance using high-fidelity models. We model system aerodynamics, propulsion, guidance, navigation and control, warhead and fuzing, and other components separately, integrating each into a simulation framework to enable detailed analysis of the components and system trajectories in a synthetic environment replicating operational scenarios and conditions.
- We develop subsystem models and highly specialized applications to support analyses of Air and Missile Defense systems, Unmanned Aerial Systems, Air-to-Air, and Air-to-Ground systems including: sensor systems, propulsion system, guidance and control systems, RF signatures, and fully coupled launch-to-impact 6-DoF simulations for ballistic missiles, cruise missiles, and tactical Air Defense missiles.
- We develop numerous impact biomechanics computer models for cars, trucks, ejection seats, helicopter crew seats, seat cushions, harness belts, airbags, manikins, and human subjects for the AFRL to simulate aircrew responses to impact and accelerations.
Testing and Training
- We design, implement and execute predictions of missile hardbody, plume, and space environment phenomena in support of Missile Defense Agency HWIL algorithm tests.
- We create synthetic suburban scenes integrating Geographic Information System data, feature shapefiles, and orthoimagery generators for evaluating ground vehicle navigation and tactical imaging systems for TARDEC crew station testing.
- We develop, maintain, and operate simulation environments to support testing of F/A-18 A/B, C/D, and E/F systems and subsystems, to include validation of the Threat Signal Processor in the Loop simulations of surface-to-air missile fly-outs for aircraft survivability demonstrations at the Naval Air Warfare Center Advanced Weapons Lab at China Lake, CA.
- We develop, maintain, and operate motion base simulations of vehicle mobility systems at the TARDEC Ground Vehicle Simulation Laboratory.
- We construct and maintain Hardware-in-the-Loop and Human-in-the-Loop simulators and produce embedded, distributed/interactive, and web-based training systems
Mathematical and Scientific Modeling
- DCS leads an international consortium of academic institutions providing support to the Army Research Laboratory (ARL) to fulfill Army R&D goals in the areas of cognition and neuroergonomics. We provide statistical and mathematical modeling of electro-cortical activity and physiological electrical activity to identify patterns that are matched to behavioral and performance states.
- DCS creates and solves complex mathematical models to help explain phenomena in experimental work, including using numerical approximations and statistical analysis of results. We perform operations research analysis on the Precision AirDrop program at AFRL RQQD.
- DCS personnel perform general mathematical modeling, rigid multi-body dynamics modeling, finite element modeling, human shape modeling, and human motion modeling..